Saturday, June 20, 2009

New Feeds

So, this one was a little confusing. Bloglines seemed to me like the Google of blogs. I found that it gave too many hits, and the narrowing tools were not very helpful. Technorati, I really enjoyed, I thought that this one was much easier to use. Some of the tools that I found useful were, "Top 100 Blogs" and the way that you could search for blogs by subject, this provided for a much more direct search. Syndic8 gave a lot of information that I am not familiar with. I think that this site is not as user-friendly; it is more for the experienced blogger. Some terms that I didn't understand were, "Toolkit", "Poll Status" and "Pings" I've heard these words before, but I don't really know what they mean. Google reader is user-friendly this one is probably the easiest to use, but sometimes when I type in a search I don't find what I am looking for, but on other sites, it comes right up, so that is a bit frustrating. Maybe I like this one the best because I am familiar with it, I'll have to keep checking back with the other ones, maybe they'll get easier over time.

No comments:

Post a Comment